Thursday, May 3, 2007

Old Age

I'm getting to be a very old man.
I turn thirty one on Saturday.
Some of you might not think that it old.
But that's because your old, and your mind is going a bit.

Look at me, I've got a receding hairline, a beer paunch, crows feet, and, uh... I've got arthritis in my pecker.
Oh, oh dear, I've told too much.
I always tell too much.
But also I'm getting old because I sit around and complain about old people topics.
You know, complaining about the weather, kvetching about my sciatica, futzing with the lawn furniture, grimacing at the indecency on TV. ya know, old people stuff.
You know what i really hate.
These friggin' morons who don't use their turn signals.
Their like, "I know I'm about to change lanes so of course the folks around me do.
Here I go. Woot. I'm changing lanes. Old news to me, I've know I was changing lanes for two minutes. Get with the times guy, it's lane changing time, woo hoo."
These people act surprised to find out that you didn't know they were about to change lanes.
Like you're the asshole.

Its like, you hear a lot about racial discrimination these days. (these days, right?)
We should turn our should turn our efforts towards behavioral discrimination.
We should shun those no blinker using fools first.
They should be considered outcast, pariah, untouchable. They should be relegated to the menstruation tents. Second class citizens I tell you. Then we'd see some results.
Oh man this society has got problems.
Not the least of which I would like to remind you are the people, and there may be some right here, who are too lazy and ignorant as to use their turn signals.
It's doesn't take that much effort folks.
It's an easily activated lever or switch, right next to the steering wheel.

You can change your behavior.
But you can't change your race.
You are all members of the Human Race the last time I checked.
Can't shed that.
No rehab for humanity.
Just try to do the right, and look out for your little brother.
And for the love of all that is good an holy, use your turn signal.

No comments: