Thursday, May 3, 2007

Drawing Blanks

If I tell it like it is,
it would sound ridiculous.
If I told it from the beginning it would take too long, and be too flowery.
I might use big words and you would call it gay. I don't really need that.
It would be an epic and you with your intolerably short attention span would get bored before I finished the exposition.

I know that not all of those who wander are lost.
I may be one of those.

Imagine a man living a life that he can't actually see. He's not blind in any physical sense, but his lack of tolerance and understanding blinds him to the truth of his own life so completely, that he might as well be blind.
Others can see his life.
They can interact with him. They can tell him about it. They can even draw him a map.
But until he removes the thoughts and feelings that poison his existence from his mind and heart he will never be able to see the beauty in life.
The beauty, and the truth, and the love, in his life.
You know, like really see it.

I don't want to be that guy.

This is all going to get very funny now.

No comments: