Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fear my Dear

The fear mongering in this country, this system, is totally out of control.
Some of you don't even know why you are so afraid.
I know why I'm afraid
and it has to do with the ubiquitous, subtle manipulation in almost every aspect of our culture.
One of the fever pitch moments of the day is during the nightly network news.
See, they alternate between justifiably frightening news stories,
and fear frothing advertisements from the pharmaceutical companies.
You weren't even worried about your prostate or your restless leg syndrome
until some cgi animal or some heartwarming scene
tells you that you should be concerned.

But don't get too upset, cause whatever you got, they got a pill to fix it.
I hate the pharmaceutical companies.
But not as much as I hate the insurance companies.

No comments: